- DC Sail boats are available to paid DCS Members only. We do not have small vessels available for chartering or public rentals. (Please see "Schooner Sailing" for private charter option.)
- DC Sail boats that will be available to rent will be posted online a few days prior to the weekend.
- Members may only be signed up for two rentals at a time.
- Rental reservations will close at 12:00 (noon) the Friday prior.
- Rentals must be canceled by 12:00 (noon) the Friday prior to the date of the rental.
- If you neglect to show up for your reserved rental, you will be required to pay a $25 fine.
DC Sail encourages members to sign up for rentals online, but we do maintain a walk-in policy. Flying Scots are typically booked well in advance, but FJs and are usually available. If you choose to walk-in, please sign in with the dock manager on duty and pay for the rental if you are a basic member.
Reminder that you must have your District of Columbia Boating Safety Certification card with you.
Fleet:Our fleet of six 19’ Flying Scots and ten FJs are available to DC Sail members who are certified to rent these boats.
You may reserve a Flying Scot if you have passed DC Sail Learn To Sail course and/or a Check-out Sail.
You may reserve an FJ if you have passed DC Sail Intro to FJ Course and/or a Check-out Sail. Early season FJ rentals (April and sometimes May and then again from October through cold weather months) require a wetsuit or drysuit if the combined water and air temperatures are less than 120 degrees due to risk of hypothermia.
Entire Season:Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 - 1:00pm, 2:00 - 5:00pm
$50 per Flying Scot, $30 per FJ for Basic Members for a three-hour slot
No fees for Boat Rentals for Super Members.