- DC Sail boats are available to paid DCS Members only. We do not have vessels available for chartering/public rentals.
- DC Sail boats will be available to rent up to two weeks prior to the date of the rental.
- Members may only be signed up for two rentals at a time.
- Rental reservations will close at 12:00 (noon) the Friday prior.
- Rentals must be canceled by 12:00 (noon) the Friday prior to the date of the rental.
- If you neglect to show up for your reserved rental, you will be required to pay a $25 fine.
DC Sail encourages members to sign up for rentals online, but we do maintain a walk-in policy. Flying Scots are typically booked well in advance, but FJs and are usually available. If you choose to walk-in, please sign in with the dock manager on duty and pay for the rental if you are a basic member.
Our fleet of six 19’ Flying Scots and ten FJs are available to DC Sail members who are certified to rent these boats.
You may reserve a Flying Scot if you have passed DC Sail Learn To Sail course and/or a Check-out Sail.
You may reserve an FJ if you have passed DC Sail Intermediate Lessons and/or a Check-out Sail. Early season FJ rentals (May and April) require a wetsuit or drysuit if the combined water and air temperatures are less than 120 degrees due to risk of hypothermia. No exceptions.
FJ and rentals will begin on April 13th.
Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 - 1:00pm, 2:00 - 5:00pm
$50 per Flying Scot, $30 per FJ for Basic Members for a 3 hour slot
FREE for Super Members for a 3 hour slot